There are a lot of things you can do to become a responsible customers when going to a restaurant. Or maybe you already are one of them. We have a big power to change things for the better. If you are reading this page you are already a responsible person and you can help others to take responsibility and change their behaviour.
So follow this easy guide, you can try one step at a time or - if you are courageous enough - just try them all!
GUIDE FOR A RESPONSIBLE RESTAURANT CUSTOMER
- Have a look to our restaurants guide. You have the list of EatResponsible restaurants that may be close to your place
- Prefer small or local restaurants when you are on holidays
- Check if there are seasonal dishes and/or vegan-vegetarian options on the menu before going
- Go to restaurants that choose local food for all (or some) of their dishes.
- Ask where the food comes from
- Ask for tap water (help to reduce waste and save money)
- Ask for small portions if you are not a big eater
- or ask for a doggie bag when you cannot eat all of your meal
- If you think your favourite restaurants can be more responsible, please suggest them to contact us; we can help them. You can leave a suggestion card at the table when leaving the restaurant (download on the side).