MAKE A LIST
- Before going for food shopping, make a list
- Start planning what you would like to cook during the week. For example make a list of new recipes you want to try
- Have a look to what you have in your kitchen and you may find a lot of ingredients you could use for your new recipes
- Put a lot of fruits and vegetables in the list (they are good for your health and for your wallet)
- Have a healthy snack before going, you will avoid compulsive shopping if you are not hungry
- De-list the food items in your list every time you put them in your shopping cart
- When home, be quick to store your food in the fridge to avoid waste (have a look to how to organize your fridge).